- The butter should be melted but in a room temperature (not hot).
- You can use any cheese you like for filling. I think the combination of a white and a hard yellow cheese is the best.
- You don’t need a mixer for kneading. The dough is very soft thanks to the butter and yogurt.
- If you have any dough left, you can cover it with a plastic wrap and put it to the freezer.
- You can freeze cheese pies, if you don’t want to bake everything at once. Use a plastic bag with a zip to place them into the freezer, escaping egg brushing and sesame sprinkling.
- As for the thickness of the phyllo dough, I personally don’t like it too thick because after folding the phyllo to make half-moon pies you’ll taste more phyllo than cheese filling.