- Black elderberry (Sambucus nigra) is a small, shrubby tree that is native to most of Europe. There are many types of elderberry tree, however Sambucus nigra is the species used historically as a medicinal plant. Black elderberry can substantially reduce upper respiratory symptoms.
- The truly time consuming part of processing elderberries is the stripping of the berries from their stems, after they’ve been thoroughly rinsed.
- Elderberries are quite crunchy and quite difficult to smash. Even using a hand blender, it can’t get completely smashed. Personally, I don’t mind it but if you want to remove the seeds and have a jelly result, you have to strain the juice from the elderberries, placing a large fine-mesh sieve or cheesecloth, over the pot.
- The recipe for the sweet buns you can find it here …. https://baketheclick.gr/en/recipe/greek-easter-bread/
- For the sweet buns, divide the initial dough in 16 equal parts.